Friday, November 2, 2018

I Ran out of Napkins, Will Paper Towels Do?

1. Who I am

I am a sophomore at the university of Florida studying Journalism, with experience in photography through casual means as well as amateur work with DSLR cameras. I have a solid grasp of Youtube policy and media dissemination for the pursuit of creating a media presence, as well as the editing capabilities to bootstrap video production until all aspects of the business can be streamlined. My aspirations with the business are to create a strong video and social media presence with creating videos and reviews that help further accessibility to new photographers or hobbyists seeking to record their crafts and create a vital part of the supply chain of photography and video products that are both inexpensive and valuable enough for even professional photographers to justify its use. I would see this business and product propelling me to being a voice in the photography community and allow me more personal and business connections with idols and industry leaders.

2. What to offer

The main offering will be a collection of inexpensive and technically proficient camera lenses that can be attached to smart phones to increase focus quality and pixel focus. A secondary service alongside the primary product is creating a social media and video presence on hosting sites like Youtube to become a source of knowledge and to promote the primary product.

3. Our target

The perfect target to put our product in the hands of would be up and coming social media models and photographers, ages 17-25, ranging both genders and focusing on tailoring experiences to how photography and video are shared through major apps like Instagram, Facebook and more niche communities like VSCO. From establishing ourselves amongst new faces in the sphere, we can gain traction amongst followers of these models and influencers and spread to more generic circles that create concentric waves across different fields and find different communities hat re not primarily targeted but could benefit from quality access to photo/video tools, an example being field researchers. 

4. Still, why us?

In the case of the secondary service, the natural interest in photography drives focus to voices of the industry for guiding through the muck. With establishing authority with reviews, technical guides and all forms of education on subjects or processes the advertisement revenue system will reward quality and expansion. In the case of the primary product, providing an alternative to expensive camera options with a similar level of quality that is even more convenient than some bulky systems renowned for their pillar in the industry.

5. What's the dividing line?

I have been establishing myself with online vendors to understand the full process of online sales, storage with fulfillment centers and some services that can connect me with producers to create mass batches to help bootstrap the initial sales. I have the advantage of my father helping build my credit while I was younger, allowing me to have the financial credit records to be able to drive the initial capital all by myself before trying to expand investment, allowing me full control of the beginning stages of production and sales to create the company that I envision before I open up to the market if I even want to get bigger in the industry.


While I understand more of the market and what some photographers and social media users may be interested in, the overall aspects of these different markers all seem to slide into each other fairly well. The synergy of being in the midst of high school friends and college acquaintances who are avid social media names, the knowledge of market connections and drawing the lines between different groups tat would take part in the market culminate into an all-around business idea.


re: The Memo

The biggest change from feedback is moving away from creating my own site at the start. The initial setup requires media attention before any landing page of the knowledge can take place. Creating video and written materials can be more encompassing but the strain at the very start can be too much to possibly derail the quality. The second feedback change is implementing my own work in some aspects of the workflow, including my own class experience in creating video and editing software familiarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment